Incomprehensible Blathering

The shallow stream is easily crossed. The shallow mind, even more so.

20050703

Quote and comment

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. -Thomas Jefferson, third US president, architect and author (1743-1826)

---

I don't think we have this in the USA anymore. I could, of course, be mistaken, but I think it's time for a change. I think it's time for a return, not necessarily to "good old-fashioned values", but rather to good old-fashioned freedom. The freedom to bear arms, the freedom to express one's views and opinions in any format and on any subject, as long as it is not libelous or slanderous. I will admit, we have many freedoms that many countries do not enjoy, but I see ours slipping away in the name of progress or national security or best of all, the aforementioned return to values.

A great example of this last one: It is now illegal to sell sex toys as sex toys in Texas. (I know, this is old news, but it still irritates me no end.) This article goes into depth: http://www.holisticwisdom.com/article_sex_joanne-webb-sex-laws.htm

In any case, I could rant and rave for hours on this, but it does me no good and I don't have the time at the moment. Perhaps soon.

1 Comments:

  • At 7/10/2018 04:45:00 AM, Anonymous beyourlover said…

    Hi, I saw you mentioned this website holisticwisdom. We have the same business as them but can be more unique. Could you write a review for our website https://www.beyourlover.com/? we are looking for reviewers to write for our products. In return, you can get some free products and commissions. If you are interested, you can reach me at andy#beyourlover.com (replace # with @)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home