Incomprehensible Blathering

The shallow stream is easily crossed. The shallow mind, even more so.

20050523

Weekend

I finally managed to make some time to work on the yard this last weekend. There was still a large number of leaves from last fall scattered around. Along with the help of my sweetheart of a GF, I was able to get most of it cleaned up. I then mowed the lawn and spread lime on the lawn. I even managed to pump up the tires on our bikes and take my first ride of the season. It was only about 6 miles, but it was a good start for the butt. Surprisingly, I'm not feeling any deleterious effects what-so-ever. This was all on Saturday.

On Sunday, after doing a bit of running around to get some plants for the garden (my GF's project, not mine), I then seeded the lawn in white clover. I'm hoping it will grow well and possible drown out the actual grass. I'd love a lawn that was all white clover, at least in theory. I also trimmed the dead branches off several trees in the back yard. One in particular looks like it will need more than trimming. It looks like lightening may have struck it as there is a large blackened area down one side of the tree and there are only a few leaves on the whole thing. *sigh* I feel bad for the tree and am not looking forward to the attempted removal.

I managed to get my class grading done this weekend, too. Overall, the classes did well with a few here and there who decided to stop attending. There were a few as well that truly bombed the final exam but that's to be expected. Some people just don't try and others have alternate priorities.

Work remains far too interesting for words. :p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home