Incomprehensible Blathering

The shallow stream is easily crossed. The shallow mind, even more so.

20061027

Firefox 2.0

I downloaded and installed this application a few days ago. I'll leave it to the truly geeky to tell you how much faster it is or how much more secure it is than IE7. Personally, I've enjoyed Mozilla products for as long as I can remember, but that's me. There is one new feature which is absolutely fantastic for the common blogger, and that, ladies and gentleman, is a built in, real-time spell-check. I don't know about you, (okay, yes I do know about some of you, because I read your posts) but I can use all the help I can get on the spelling front. And even if you know exactly how to stop spelling words like "banana" or "Mississippi", everyone makes typos. The little red underlines so common in Word processing these days is now available in your blog entries as well. Please note that this will not help with grammar very much. You still need to know the difference between "to", "two" and "too". (I am going TO the store so I can get TWO antacids because I ate TOO much spicy chicken. Bob wants to come with me, so I said he could come, TOO.) Blah, blah, blah. Sorry. My father was an English teacher.

The only issue I've had with this browser so far was trying to use WebJetAdmin. The browser kept telling me, "Firefox can't connect securely to because the site uses a security protocol which isn't enabled." Warning, this is somewhat more geeky. In order to fix this problem, I went into ABOUT:CONFIG and modified "security.ssl3.rsa_des_sha" to "True". WebJetAdmin now functions normally.

So, in closing, I recommend this lovely browser to pretty much anyone and everyone. You can get it here: http://www.getfirefox.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home